Nora Northside Community Council
You are invited to attend the
Nora-Northside Community Council, Inc.
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERSHIP
THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2016,
to hear special guests:
Mayor Joe Hogsett
City County Councillor Colleen Fanning
State Legislative Candidates for the Nora area
Everyone is welcome and urged to attend the public meeting at:
St. Luke’s Methodist Church, 100 West 86th St.
7 p.m. – Registration and reception
7:30 p.m. – Business meeting and special program
Nora-Northside Community Council, Inc., P.O. Box 40324, Ind’pls, IN, 46240
Did you know?
- The area of interest of the Nora-Northside Community Council, Inc. (NCC) covers some 12 square miles with a population of approximately 25 to 28,000 residents.
- NCC is not a neighborhood association. It is a civic umbrella organization.
- There are some 60 (depending on current organizational leadership) individual (local) neighborhoods under the NCC umbrella.
- NCC is an “all-volunteer army” with no paid staff or offices. Members of the Board and other volunteers give hundreds of hours each year working to achieve the mission of NCC.
- A public forum is held regularly by the NCC Board of Directors on the first Thursday of each month at the Nora Library, 8625 North Guilford. The usual starting time is 7:30 p.m..
Purposes of the Nora Council:
- Provide a forum for the public discussion of matters of interest to the community
- Distribute information to the public on matters of interest to the community
- Promote orderly growth, development and enhancement of the community
- Promote the general welfare of people in the community.
NCC Area of Interest
NCC boundaries are the White River on the east (southward around the Broad Ripple oxbow), Williams Creek and 79th St. on the south, Township Line Road on the west, and 96th and I-465 on the north. See NCC neighborhoods below.
Neighborhoods within NCC Area
Lake at the Crossing
North Willow Farms
Spring Lake at Tamarack
Spring Mill Woods
Town of Williams Creek
Villages of Longwood
White River/Union Chapel