Nora Northside Community Council
Re: Still pending is the zoning proposal #2015-ZON-059, SE corner 86th/Meridian St. Stonecrest Senior Living seeks rezoning of 4.78 acres from the D1 district to the D-P classification to provide for a residential development with 55 assisted living units and 30 memory care units. Nora-Northside Community Council, Inc. voted to OPPOSE this petition at the Board of Directors meeting on November 5
It is now scheduled for final public hearing before the Metropolitan Development Commission on:
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 1 p.m.
2nd floor public assembly room, City County Building,
200 East Washington Street.
(Public comment is limited and organized but all interested parties need to attend to show support for the community’s opposition to this rezoning.)
All who enter the City County Building must pass through security. BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL METAL ITEMS (i.e. pocket knives, nail clippers, tape measures, etc.) AND LEAVE AT HOME OR IN YOUR AUTO. Otherwise, they will be confiscated and NOT returned. Leave plenty of time to find parking.
If you need a ride, please call Josh at 432-3589.
Did you know?
- The area of interest of the Nora-Northside Community Council, Inc. (NCC) covers some 12 square miles with a population of approximately 25 to 28,000 residents.
- NCC is not a neighborhood association. It is a civic umbrella organization.
- There are some 60 (depending on current organizational leadership) individual (local) neighborhoods under the NCC umbrella.
- NCC is an “all-volunteer army” with no paid staff or offices. Members of the Board and other volunteers give hundreds of hours each year working to achieve the mission of NCC.
- A public forum is held regularly by the NCC Board of Directors on the first Thursday of each month at the Nora Library, 8625 North Guilford. The usual starting time is 7:30 p.m..
Purposes of the Nora Council:
- Provide a forum for the public discussion of matters of interest to the community
- Distribute information to the public on matters of interest to the community
- Promote orderly growth, development and enhancement of the community
- Promote the general welfare of people in the community.
NCC Area of Interest
NCC boundaries are the White River on the east (southward around the Broad Ripple oxbow), Williams Creek and 79th St. on the south, Township Line Road on the west, and 96th and I-465 on the north. See NCC neighborhoods below.
Neighborhoods within NCC Area
Lake at the Crossing
North Willow Farms
Spring Lake at Tamarack
Spring Mill Woods
Town of Williams Creek
Villages of Longwood
White River/Union Chapel